A proactive approach
During the early stages of the Coronavirus pandemic, Mobile Screening took a proactive approach to the health, safety and well-being of our staff and those of our clients. Commencing
March 2020, we voluntarily postponed all hearing tests until the prevalence of the virus was known and we could be confident that the risk was low. We resumed hearing tests in June 2020 with extra safety protocols.
New safety protocols
Mobile Screening have put in place a number of safety protocols to make the workplace safer for staff and clients.
Safety protocols include:
- installation of perspex screens (where required).
- no physical contact between Mobile Screening staff and client staff.
- Mobile Screening staff to sanitise booth and equipment between each test.
- client staff to use sanitiser before entering the testing vehicle.
- client staff to wear a single use and light weight mask during testing.
- client staff to use sanitiser before exit the testing vehicle.
A reminder about health and safety obligations
By law, under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011, employers must provide and maintain a working environment that is safe and free of risks to health, so far as is reasonably practicable. The model Work Health and Safety Regulations published by the Parliamentary Counsel’s Committee and released by Safe Work Australia WHS Regulations also specifies that an employer must:
- make sure the noise a worker is exposed to at the workplace doesn’t exceed the exposure standard for noise.
- provide audiometric testing to a worker who is frequently required to use personal hearing protectors to protect them from hearing loss associated with noise that exceeds the exposure standard.
In many states in Australia it is mandatory that workers in noisy workplaces have their hearing tested (audiometric testing) within three months.
Why choose us?
Mobile Screening has been trusted by government and businesses for over 35 years to undertake workplace hearing tests. We come to you when it suits with our mobile sound-proof
booths, accommodating 24hr shift work patterns to minimise disruption to you and your staff and maintain productivity.
Request an appointment with Mobile Screening today.