Noise exposure can cause irreversible hearing loss.
Noise exposure is the commonest preventable cause of occupational hearing loss. Once acquired, it is irreversible and can have a significant impact on a worker’s life. Workers’ compensation claims can also be costly and damage the reputation of employers.
In many states in Australia it is mandatory that workers in noisy workplaces have their hearing tested (audiometric testing) within three months of starting work and then every two years. Safe Work Australia recommends this approach, too.
Claims per year are made on average for noise-induced hearing loss.
Source: Safe Work Australia
National workplace hearing testing service
Mobile Screening is a national company, trusted by government and businesses in the ASX200, that undertakes audiometric tests on-site for employers. We test to the AS/NZS 1269.4:2014 standard and our mobile testing facilities are walk-in, soundproof and comfortable.
We come to you when it suits and accommodate shift work patterns, minimising disruption to you and your staff. As part of our service we issue full test results, advise whether any staff need any follow up, and provide all the documentation you need to comply with regulatory requirements. We also get in touch when it testing is due again, so you don’t need to worry about it.
Key service inclusions:
- Individual hearing test for each nominated employee, including a confidential letter summarising results (for employee).
- Where applicable, referrals to medical or audiological specialists.
- A written management report, summarising organisational hearing results, including recommendations.
- Educational material on the management of workplace noise.
- Advice and guidance on the preparation of management plans.
Why choose Mobile Screening:
- Are a national company, operating across Australia from metropolitan to remote locations.
- Come to you when it suits, minimising disruption to you and your staff.
- Accommodate shift work patterns.
- Provide a complete summary of results and analyse against previous test.
- Supply necessary documentation for the relevant WorkCover authority.
Request a quote today
Please complete the form below or call our friendly team on 1300 84 84 80.